MyAfton Platform: Account Help
Sections in this article:How to Change Your Act NameHow to Change Password for Your User AccountHow to Create Additional Artist Profile'sReset Your PasswordHow to Add or Delete Members from My ActHow to Refer Artists to MyAfton?How to View Show Offers?My Shows Section has Greyed Out Show DatesHow to Change Primary or Secondary Contact Email Address?I'm a "Member" Permissions User, How do I get "Admin" Permissions?
How to Change Your Act Name
You can edit, update, or change your Act Name (Band Name, Group Name, Act Name, Artist Name) at anytime. Here's how:
1. Login to your MyAfton account.
2. Click on the circular icon image in the top right corner of your screen to select the Artist Profile whose name you'd like to change.
3. Once on the correct Artist Profile's HOME page, click the
sub-navigation link named "Artist Profile." Or click Edit Profile link underneath the listed Act Name.
4. Here you can edit the Act Name as well as everything else related to this specific Artist Profile.
How to Change Password for Your User Account
You have a personal User Account for MyAfton. You?re a member of our community and can utilize the services we offer even when you?re not part of any actively performing acts.
Each musician on our platform has their own unique User Account. So you should never share your User Account login with anyone, not even other members of your group. If you need to change your User Account password, here's how:
1. Login to MyAfton.com with your User Account username and your current password.
2. Click on the circular icon in the top right of your screen and then click "My User Account" from that drop down menu.
3. Now you are on the "My Account" dashboard for your User Account.
4. Click the Edit Password button and update your password. Here you can update all of the information about you.
*Remember, you have a unique User Account that is specific to you. Any other group members in your Artist Profile will all have their own unique User Accounts. User Accounts can be associated with an Artist Profile (or many Artist Profiles) and given access permissions of Member or Admin.
*Artist Profiles will never have a password. Instead, each User Account that is a Member or Admin of that Artist Profile can access it by logging into their User Account and clicking the circular icon in the top right of the screen to choose the Artist Profile they want to access.
How to Create Additional Artist Profile's
If you're in more than one band, group, act, or have another artist you perform as you should create additional Artist Profiles so that we can book each act separately. This also applies to any managers that manage more than 1 act.
You can access the Artist Profile for multiple acts with your existing User Account.
At this time, if you already have 1 Artist Profile created and attached to your User Account you will need to contact your Booking Rep via email and request that they CREATE additional Artist Profile(s) for you.
We require this so that we can screen and review the music of any additional Artist Profile's that you wish to create.
Please include the following information for this artist and email it to your Booking Rep with subject line: CREATE NEW ARTIST ACCOUNT.
1. Act Name
2. Primary Contact: Email Address & Phone Number
3. Secondary Contact: Email Address & Phone Number
4. Music URL Link (where we can stream your music)
5. Facebook page for this act.
6. Your role (manager, member, admin/leader of the group)
7. Age of youngest member.
8. Verify the home city/state/country that this act currently lives in.
Once your Booking Rep receives that information they can review this act's music and create their Artist Profile. Shortly after that this Artist Profile will appear when you login to your User Account.
Reset Your Password
We make it easy to get access to your User Account even if you forget your password. So relax, and follow these steps!
1. Click the Login button in the top right corner of the MyAfton.com home page.
2. Click the "Forgot Your Password?" link.
3. Choose how to reset your password! We recommend the "via SMS" option so that we can text message your mobile phone. This is best if you're on the go! Or, you can choose "via Email" option if you have access to your email account.
RESET PASSWORD VIA SMS TEXT MESSAGE
1. Enter the mobile phone number that we have on file for the User Account you're trying to access. (This won't work if you deleted your mobile phone number from your User Account).
2. We'll immediately text your phone with a 6-digit code. Enter that on this screen in your browser and click the Verify button.
3. Choose the User Account you want to reset the password for.
4. Type in your new password and click submit. Then you're done!
RESET PASSWORD VIA EMAIL
1. Enter the email address associated with the User Account you are trying to access.
2. We'll immediately email that email address with a 6-digit verification code. Copy and paste that into your browser and click verify.
*OR you can click the verification URL link in that email if you prefer.
3. Now just type in your new password and click submit. Then you're done!
How to Add or Delete Members from My Act
You can add members, delete members, or give higher or lower permissions access to existing members for any of your Artist Profiles. Here's how:
*Note: Only ADMIN level members can utilize some of these features. Contact your Artist Profile Admin users if you only have Member permissions.
1. Login to your MyAfton.com User Account.
2. Click the circular icon in top right of screen to select the Artist Profile you want to access.
3. Click the sub navigation link called "Members."
TO ADD MEMBERS
1. Enter the member's email address. If they already have an existing User Account with MyAfton then we'll automatically send them an invite to join this Artist Profile.
*If the email address you enter does not exist on our platform yet, we'll email them asking them to sign up with a User Account so they can access your Artist Profile.
2. Remember to choose either ADMIN level access or MEMBER level access to your Artist Profile. Please read the definitions of what each user type can do on this page.
3. You can view the Pending Invites section at bottom of this screen to see if the members you have invited have signed up yet or not. Followup with them if they haven't done so yet!
TO DELETE OR REMOVE MEMBERS
Login and click the circular icon in the top right to select the Artist Profile you want to edit members for. Then click the "Members" sub navigation link. Now just click the blue "EDIT" button for the member(s) you want to edit, in the hover window that appears there is a "Remove" link in the bottom left corner. Click that if you want to remove that member from this Artist Profile.
CHANGE MEMBER PERMISSIONS LEVEL
You can click the "Edit" button next to each member if you want to change their permissions from either member or admin.
How to Refer Artists to MyAfton?
Afton is always looking for talented musicians and emerging acts! You can refer bands, rappers, solo acts, groups, and musicians to join our MyAfton community.
The best part? Any musician that you REFER to MyAfton is tracked by our system. When that musician's live act performs on their 1st MyAfton show you GET PAID $1.00 for every Fan they draw to that show (as long as they draw 10 or more fans).
There is no limit on earnings. We have some well-connected artists that have referred 100's of musicians to us and some of them have been earning over $5,000 per year off of Artist Referrals.
So help out your friends, invite them to MyAfton, and earn some extra cash.
HOW TO REFER ARTISTS TO MYAFTON
1. Login to your MyAfton.com User Account.
2. Click "Invite Artists" link at the top of the page.
SEVERAL WAYS TO REFER ARTISTS...
1. UPLOAD CSV FILE: If you have lots of email addresses of musicians you know or work with, you can upload a .csv file (or Excel spreadsheet). Make sure you have only 1 email address in each row. Once uploaded, those email addresses are forever tracked as your referral.
2. REFER VIA EMAIL: You can type in or copy and paste email addresses manually into the Refer via Email field, make sure each email address is separated by a comma.
3. SHARE ON FACEBOOK: Click the Connect & Share button to automatically post your unique Referral URL to your Facebook page. Anyone that clicks on your Referral URL page and signs up will be tracked in our system as your referral.
4. LINK: You can also use the "Copy Link" button to copy your unique Referral URL page. Then you can email it out, post to your website and social sites, or text message it to musicians that you're friends with.
If you try to invite an email address that is already an existing MyAfton user, or if an already existing MyAfton user tries to sign up with your Referral URL it will not count as your referral. Only musicians that have not yet had an account with us or musicians that have not been referred by other members of our platform can qualify as your referral. Also, please understand that if you verbally tell your friends about MyAfton and they sign up on their own (without using your Referral URL link), or if you didn't invite their email address before they signed up, then we will have no way to track or prove that you referred them and they will not qualify as your referral.
We recommend that anytime you refer musicians to MyAfton you make clear to them that they need to sign up through your Referral URL link in order for you to get credit for their referral. Or, the safest way is for you to directly invite their email address through this refer artists tool.
How to View Show Offers?
How do you check on the show dates that MyAfton is offering you? Your Booking Rep will email you each week with the show(s) they want to book you for. But shows usually will fill up before you get that email, because everyone's MyAfton account is updated in real-time to display the shows they are eligible for.
*Remember, if you have more than 1 Artist Profile with us, you need to select each Artist Profile when logged into your User Account to view the show offers that are available to each act.
HOW TO NOT MISS OUT ON SHOW OFFERS?
You should regularly login to your MyAfton User Account to look through all of the shows you're eligible to play. Just login and click the "My Shows" drop down in the upper lefthand corner of your screen. You'll see a numbered badge next to the My Shows link if you have alerts or new shows to look at. Click the "Check Now" button to view all show dates you're eligible to confirm.
MARK WHICH SHOWS YOU DON'T WANT.
If you scroll through your show offers and click "Don't Offer it Again" our system will notify your Booking Rep. This drastically cuts down on email clutter and followups about that show date! So please mark the shows that you cannot play or do not want to play.
HOW TO CONFIRM A SHOW INSTANTLY.
We make it easy, if you've viewed the show details and you want to 100% Confirm a date, click the green "CONFIRM" button for that show. You'll then be able to complete the E-Contract for that show (if you're pre-screened and in good standing with your Booking Rep) and you'll be able to setup your tickets and start promoting right away. Artists in good standing get FIRST pick of all of our show dates.
*Note: Artists that are not in good standing with their Booking Rep will not be able to Instant Confirm, but instead have to wait until their Booking Rep can review them, which may take several days. In many cases this means that this artist will not be put on the show if the show fills up before we can do this manual review.
HOW TO STAY IN GOOD STANDING WITH MY BOOKING REP?
Artists are in good standing with us and are able to instantly confirm shows as long as they have fulfilled their end of the contract on past shows. Reasons for artists not being in good standing with us would include: Canceling, not showing up for a show, not selling the amount of tickets agreed on in the previous show contract, etc.
**The only exception here are our opening slots for National Tours. We have to manually review every artist before we can officially book openers for National Tours, but of course we give first priority to artist who are in good standing.
ACCESS UPCOMING CONFIRMED SHOWS
When you click "My Shows" we'll list any show dates that you're 100% confirmed to play. Click those to access the Confirmed Dashboard to see the stats, ticket sales, details, and other promotional tools for that show.
My Shows Section has Greyed Out Show Dates
If you see "greyed out" show dates in your My Shows section that means you are not eligible for that show. This could be for a few reasons.
YOUR "NO TO" SETTINGS
If you've set your Gig Preferences (located in the Gig Preferences sub navigation link when you select an Artist Profile) to NO for this specific venue, the day of the week this show is on, or to 21+ FOR FANS age restriction shows - these could be reasons this show is ineligible for your act. You can change your mind and update your Gig Preferences which then would allow you to Confirm this show if you want to play it.
Sometimes it's not due to your gig preferences, but external venue rules that make you ineligible for a show. For instance, the venue might Age Restrictions for performers which bar you from playing their club. (Always make sure your member Ages are up to date so that we don't disqualify you from a show you actually are old enough to play)!.
Other reasons could include: This venue is not setup for full bands, or does not allow Rap/Hip Hop groups, etc.
We recommend that you keep your Gig Preferences all turned to "YES" to maximize the types of shows you get offered.
We also recommend that you always keep your AGE OF MEMBERS up to date, so that you don't miss out on shows we incorrectly think you're too young for.
How to Change Primary or Secondary Contact Email Address?
Afton will always email or text message your Primary Contact for all booking related communication. We will send certain booking related emails or text messages to your Secondary Contact as well, but usually we'll only email your Secondary Contact if your Primary Contact is unresponsive. We will usually contact both Primary and Secondary contact (or possibly every member of your group) in emergency situations to ensure your group gets the message.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PRIMARY & SECONDARY CONTACT
1. Login to your MyAfton.com account.
2. Select the Artist Profile for the act you're wanting to update contact info for.
(Quickly toggle between Artist Profiles if you are in more than 1 act with the circular icon in the top right corner of your screen).
3. Click the circular icon in the top right corner to go to your Artist Profile HOME screen.
4. Click Edit My Profile link underneath your act name, or click Artist Profile in the sub navigation menu above your act's square picture.
5. Scroll down, you can update the information for your Primary Contact Info and/or Secondary Contact Info. Don't forget to hit the blue Save button!
NEED TO ADD / DELETE / EDIT YOUR MEMBERS OR UPDATE MEMBER PERMISSIONS?
We have a help article about that. Just search in our help section!
I'm a "Member" Permissions User, How do I get "Admin" Permissions?
Only a member of your Artist Profile with "ADMIN" user permissions can add members, delete members, or give higher or lower permissions access to existing members. So if you have limited "Member" user permissions right now and you want to be an "Admin" on your account, here's how to get that done:
1. First, you need to talk to a member of your group who has "Admin" permissions.
2. To see who that is, login to your MyAfton.com account and select the Artist Profile in the upper right hand corner of the screen for the act you need. Then click that to load that Artist Profile's home screen.
3. Now click the MEMBERS link. Here you can see which members are a part of this Artist Profile and their permission levels.
4. Now you know who to talk to in your group! Ask one of your Admins to go into their account to this same screen and click EDIT next to your name. Then they can change you from Member to Admin level.
After that, you as Admin can confirm shows, complete the E-Contract for shows you are booked for, and much more. We do this so that your group can control which members can (or cannot) perform these higher level actions.
Other ways to get help
Send us an Email