How to Use Promo Codes
Sections in this article:How to Use Your Promo Code
How to Use Your Promo Code
What are Promo Codes?
Promo Codes save fans money on Tickets. They have an expiration date, so make sure fans know to buy Tickets before they expire. This article explains how to use a promo code to give your fans a discount on advanced tickets.
Remember, Promo Codes do not affect your artist payout. Afton eats the cost of these discounts from our cut.
Your “Confirmed Dashboard” will display any active Promo Codes that have not expired yet.
How to Use Promo Codes for Online Tickets
Your fans will be the ones to input the Promo Code into the checkout page when they buy online tickets at your unique online Ticket profile page or at www.aftonshows.com
The “Promotional Code:” field appears in the same screen that fans input their credit card and billing address into. So fans will see where to put the promo code as long as they make it that far into the checkout process.
How to use Promo Codes for Physical Cash Tickets
If you, the artist, sell physical cash tickets, then you will be the one entering the Promo Code when you validate those cash sales in your www.MyAfton.com account.
IMPORTANT: Makes sure you validate any cash tickets you sell at the discounted Promo Code price BEFORE your Promo Code expires. Otherwise the discount won’t apply.
When ready to validate a batch of cash sales at the discounted promo code price, here’s how to do that:
- Login to your MyAfton account and click on “My Shows” link. (On mobile this is in the menu in top left of your screen).
- Choose the CONFIRMED show date you sold tickets for.
- Now you’re on the “Confirmed Dashboard” for this event. This is the place you’ll always go for anything related to this show. Get familiar with this screen because this shows you everything, including the Next Perks you can earn and current payout!
- Click on the green button “Validate Cash Sales” on the right (On mobile scroll down).
- Read the short instructions and click “Start Validation” button.
- Select the Ticket ID for the cash ticket you sold, Name of fan is optional. click the blue “ADD NEW” button if you are validating more than 1 ticket, each click adds another entry line.
- Once ready to validate this batch click “Validate All.”
- Fill in your credit/debit card details, or choose PayPal option to validate your tickets.
- On the checkout screen, enter your PROMO CODE in the “Promo Code” field. It will show you if the code is valid and applied to the order.
- Your card or PayPal will then be charged, and then you keep the cash your fans gave you. Remember, this is a straight across even transfer of funds!
- Artist Payment
- General Show Terms & Details
- How Afton Promotes
- How To Sign Up For An Afton Account
- MyAfton Design Tool
- MyAfton Platform: Account Help
- Not Getting Our Emails?
- Open Dates & Days of Week
- Refund Policy
- Ticket Questions
- Time Slot Policy & Set Lengths
- Turning Booking On/Off
- Weekly Check Ins
- Weekly Goals for Confirmed Bands
Other ways to get help
Send us an Email