Show Reminders for Bands
1. MAKE SURE TO VALIDATE YOUR CASH TICKET SALES BEFORE LOAD-IN!
– Login to your MyAfton account ASAP to Validate any cash ticket sales – www.MyAfton.com
– All of your Fans Ticket money you collected in cash (if you sold any physical tickets for cash) MUST be validated ONLINE before load-in.
– This validation is a requirement if you chose to use our additional option to pre-sell physical tickets for cash.
– DON’T wait till the last minute to validate your cash sales! Validate what you have ASAP, because doing so allows me to try and get you MORE perks, bonus pays, and helps me nail down what time you’ll hit the stage!
*Also, by validating what you’ve sold so far right away, you have time to ask me any questions or issues that might come up during validation.
– Also remember, if you want THESE Ticket Sales to factor into BAND ORDER determination, you should validate them at LEAST 5-7 days prior to the show!
2. YOU CANNOT RELY ON DOOR SALES:
Before you rely on door draw at all, make sure you have sold advance tickets – at least close to the required minimum you agreed to for this show. This is mandatory because we have seen that more than 80% of fans that “promise to pay at the door” end up never showing up.
– ONLINE Tickets can be purchased all the way up until the end of the show.
– You can sell Physical Tickets for cash directly to fans all the way until Load-in.
– There is no acceptable excuse for relying heavily on door draw – instead of getting tickets sold in advance!
*WE WILL ALLOW DOOR SALES ONLY AS AN ADDITIONAL SUPPLEMENT TO THE TICKETS YOU SELL IN ADVANCE*
3. WHAT TO BRING & WHAT EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED:
For a complete list of what equipment the venue will provide, as well as what equipment you will need to bring, please refer to – http://www.aftonfaq.com/whattobring
4. GUEST LIST POLICY: Bands/Solo Acts
As long as you get the amount of tickets pre-sold that you agreed to, you will get (2) guests in for free. (Contact your Booking Rep asap if you need a bigger guest list).
*IF you pre-sell less than 5 tickets in advance, you will get NO guest list
*IF you sell more than 5 tickets but do not hit your ticket requirement, you will get (1) guest in for free
Bring the names of your guests to the Show Manager at Load-In so our Show Manager can add your guest names to the door list.
*We do NOT require that your guests arrive with you at artist Load-in
Obviously the band members that perform with you onstage get into the show for free when they arrive for artist “Load-in.” Only group members that actually perform onstage with you will get in free. Any roadies/wives/girlfriends/managers, etc. will have to be on your guest list.
5. HOW & WHEN YOU WILL GET PAID:
We will send you a check after the show usually within (6) business days that will include your normal payment, any bonus pays you earn, and any tips your fans added onto their ticket when they purchased online. 1-2 business days after this show, our office will contact you by email for your full name and mailing address so we can send out your check. Payment terms have been gone over with you multiple times in writing throughout the booking process.
As far as ALL AGES or underage 18+ shows go – we usually are on par (or pay better) than most any other all ages venue or all ages promoter I have seen nationwide.
VISIT – http://www.aftonfaq.com/artistpayment
We pay artists based on their total draw for each show. You are guaranteed to be paid what is owed to you no matter what, even if the show is a complete loss for the club and us.
Your Total Payment = Minimum Guaranteed Pay Scale + Bonus Pays + Any Fan Tips
We put a lot of time, money, and staff hours into our shows. In addition, there are considerable overhead expenses on our end and the club’s end that must to be recouped. This is why we can only increase your payment exponentially as you draw more and more fans.
6. SET LENGTH: Full Bands & Solo Acts
The standard set for a full Band is 30-minutes, with 15 minutes for set up. In some cases solo/acoustic acts are booked for 20-25 minute sets, but this can vary.
MYAFTON ALWAYS DISPLAYS YOUR SET LENGTH:
Refer to your MyAfton account and/or your Booking Rep to see the exact set length we currently have you setup for. Your set length is listed along with any longer set length bonus options (if applicable).
IMPORTANT: If you breach our written agreement and fail to get enough tickets sold, you might get a shortened set, this only would occur if you failed to meet your end of our agreement. This is not always enforced, but can occur if my staff/venue staff feel it is needed.
*IF an act sells less than 15 Tickets in advance, both afton and/or the venue itself reserve the right to shorten their set to 25 minutes (or even 20 minutes), IF needed.
Note: This would not necessarily apply to acts that are a “Late Add” to the show or acts confirmed less than 14 days prior to the event.
*IF you sell 0 tickets in advance, our staff and/or the venue itself reserves the right to cut your set even further (or completely). This is extremely rare, happening maybe 7-12 times per 1,000 acts we book, but it is a policy required or endorsed by most of our venues.
LONGER SET OPTIONS?
If you draw well we can usually get you a longer set. But that must be pre-arranged ahead of time. If you want/need a longer set or have ANY concerns with set length please notify your Booking Rep immediately so we can accommodate you as best we can.
7. YOUR BOOKING REP WILL NOT BE AT THIS SHOW
Like your Booking Rep said in the CONFIRMED Email, he or she will not be able to attend this show. All our Booking Staff works full-time 45+ hours per week at our main office in Oregon.
– Our Show Manager is aware of everything you and your Booking Rep have discussed.
– All that we discussed during the booking process is in writing by email, and stored on our servers.
– We also have a dedicated Show Manager Support Line that is manned by an in-office staff anytime we have a show.
– If our Show Manager ever has any questions or concerns, our office is just a phone call or text away.
8. ONLINE TICKETS ON SALE UNTIL THE SHOW ENDS!
– If a fan finds out last minute they CAN make the show, they can buy a ticket online all the way until the show ends.
– As stated many times already, if fans cannot purchase online or if fans do not have credit/debit cards then you have the additional option to sell those fans a Physical Ticket for cash.
9. WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO BE ON TIME FOR LOAD-IN?
– Almost always, our venues are the ones who decide on the load-in/check-in time. Our venues and their staff insist that our artists are on time. The load-in/check-in time exists because if artists are late or arrive at different times it makes it almost impossible to plan out the evening, load in gear, and let the sound person know what to expect. If our staff or any venue staff ever arrives late to load-in/check-in please notify us.
10. HOW DO I FIND OUT MY TIME SLOT?
If you have 0 or very few advance Tickets sold, you will probably not be able to find out your time slot until load-in/check-in time, after our Show Manager has checked everyone in. If you have a significant amount of Tickets sold contact your Booking Rep ASAP so we can try to lock in your slot. If it is too close to the show and your slot has not already been locked in, you may have to wait until load-in/check-in time. It is difficult to always have someone in the office ready to lock in an acts slot if that act has a bunch of last minute sales. Almost always, acts that have decent advance sales 3-7 days prior to the event will be able to have a heads up on what time they play.
ORDER OF PERFORMERS POLICY:
Order will be based on artist preference and to be MOST FAIR, will heavily factor in which artists have sold the most tickets 3-7 days prior to the event. We must ensure the acts drawing the most fans and selling the most tickets will get the time slots they want most. Over the past 8 years and after 8000+ shows, we have found this to truly be the FAIREST way to determine band order and keep our higher drawing and most reliable acts happy.
*Usually it’s easy to get a time slot your happy with – unless you sell 0 or very few tickets.
*It is simply NOT fair for an act that draws poorly to end up with a prime time slot.
*IF you have sold 0 tickets, or very few tickets, we cannot set your time slot ahead of time.
Almost always, acts that have decent advance sales by week of the show will find out what time they will go onstage. It is our intention for every act to know what time they perform, but our ability to do that for you is based on you following directions and adhering to the written agreement you made with us.
As soon as you hit 15-20 tickets sold we can lock in your time slot, so the sooner you get advance sales rolling the sooner we can get you the slot you want. Let fans know they save more money buying early (with early purchase promo codes) and they help you get the time slot you want locked in sooner.
DO YOU NEED TO PLAY EARLY OR LATER IN THE NIGHT?
IF you need to play earlier in the night, or have a drinking crowd that prefers you play later in the night, let me know NOW so that I can try to set that up for you. I can usually help setup some sort of time frame in advance if you need me to.
WHY DO WE DETERMINE BAND ORDER THIS WAY?
Our company was founded on equality and fairness, and on rewarding the acts that work the hardest to draw out their fans. Our order of performers policy is the exact same policy our company founders used with their own bands when they played shows.
This is why we determine band order in this way to be MOST FAIR, more info at: http://www.aftonfaq.com/bandorder
11. VENUE RULES ON DRUGS & OUTSIDE ALCOHOL
If you are caught with illegal drugs or caught bringing outside alcohol into the club you will be kicked out by venue staff. You will also be kicked out of the club if you are drinking outside of the venue or on premises or if you are caught underage drinking. The venue itself has a ZERO tolerance policy on this.
If you are caught doing any of this, there will be NO REFUNDS on tickets you sold. We have no control over these policies and all of these rules are at the sole discretion of the venue management. Please do not break the venues rules.